- Targeted Advertising
- On time passing
- Great sermon: “I act the miracle”
- On strawberries, and God’s goodness
- New year, new lessons
What I'm Doing...
- I'm playing with Hootsuite. 2012-08-29
- make that 20. Obviously some sort of emergency happening. #greenville 2012-08-13
- 17 police cars have just driven by our work window with sirens on (headed up Laurens Road). Wonder what's happening? 2012-08-13
- More updates...
Powered by Twitter Tools
I like old places.
I’m going through some mission team photos tonight, and I came to this photo.
This is a street sign from Perugia. Well, it’s sort of a street sign. The “street” was more like a passageway, and it was inside the citadel. Anyway, I think the sign is saying that this is the way to the plaza and a particular church.
I think it’s much nicer than our road signs.
This next picture encapsulates many of my pleasant memories from Italy.
I loved walking down open corridors like this. The shade gave us a break from the heat, but we could look out as we walked along, and sometimes we could feel the breeze. And some of us might have wished that we were princesses gliding along in beautiful dresses, sipping iced tea and eating baci.
And then some of us might have remembered that 1) eating too many baci would make us fat and 2) our modern-day “normal” lives are much more comfortable than any princess’s life. Even princesses had to worry about intruders storming the castle. That’s what the citadel was for (protection, not for tourists).
I still wouldn’t mind having a corridor someday.